Sunday, March 18, 2012

Big Brand Names

The effect a brand has on a consumer is overwhelming..
But what about the brands that have become the defining name for every other product in that category?

My brother and I often talk about brands that have dominated the product world and wonder
how a product can achieve that status..

For example, Kleenex. 

When you walk into a store, or have a cold- you think of one thing. Kleenex. You rarely hear
"I need a tissue" or "I need (Name Brand of other tissues)"

You hear..."I need some Kleenex"

How did this one brand become such a success that all other types of tissues, no matter what the brand- is still referred to as Kleenex?

Another brand- Clorox Bleach

Bleach is Bleach, and when you think of Bleach, you think of Clorox.

How did these products become some dominating in the market?
I just wish luck and congratulations to the next big future name.


No comments:

Post a Comment